…the leading data platform solutions provider serving the travel industry, but we also work in other sectors such as retail and finance.
You’ll be working with different technologies, in different environments and for very different customers. The bulk of your role will be building, migrating and enhancing complex systems to make them more reliable, efficient, self-healing and easy to maintain.
Part of what makes us the best at what we do, are the tools we create. Some of these are publicly available via Aireforge and everyone in the team can contribute in some way. So, the job is as varied as they come.
“We’re committed to staying small. This doesn’t mean that we’re not growing, far from it. It means that we focus on automation and being efficient, so that we can fill our days with the work we love. If you like variation, love a challenge and are keen to learn, you’ll fit right in.”
We’re looking for someone to join the team to;
- Automate everything. This is the key to efficiency, keeps the job fun and will provide more consistent results than us humans.
- Always be on the lookout for cost savings, performance improvements and above all, anything that could improve efficiency.
- Treat our customers interests and money as if it was our own.
Technologies and languages we use:
Azure, SQL Server, AWS, PowerShell (PoSH), SSIS, Power BI, .NET Core, C#, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Java.
What we're looking for;
We genuinely want to stay small, so it’s more about your attitude and work ethic. Here are some of the traits we’re looking for:
- You love what you do, you’re curious about how things work and are eager to learn.
- You’re a strong communicator, explaining complex technical concepts to peers and customers is no problem for you.
- You’re a great listener, you’re able to capture the detail and expectations the first time around and are happiest in a team that behaves the same.
- You enjoy sharing your knowledge and experience with your team members and the wider community (we’re quite community focused).
Things that won’t harm;
- Professional experience working with relational databases. Examples include SQL Server, Azure SQL Database, PostgreSQL and MySQL.
- Experience with virtualized environments, especially Microsoft Azure and Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, a related field, equivalent training or work experience.
- Industry certifications are welcomed and encouraged.
What we're offering;
We don’t believe that doing the same job for years automatically means seniority. Have a think about where you are based on your experience and skills, then let us know.
- £35,000 - £65,000
- Training budget (conferences, certifications, Pluralsight etc.).
- 28 days holiday.
- Private Health insurance.
- Flexible working.
- Treated like a human.
- You’ll become an expert in the tools you use. We believe that using fewer technologies properly is better than using many technologies inefficiently. We’re not fans of the “use everything, deliver nothing” approach.
- You won’t be expected to run a team because there won’t be loads of people. We’re small and we aim to stay that way. Therefore, juniors and seniors alike work get involved in whatever’s needed and speak directly with customers.
- We have a unique environment for learning with a team of keen learners and mentors. Training is made up of 70% work experience, 20% self-learning and 10% training, which come from internal knowledge sharing and your own training budget.
Don't see a job for you?
Do you feel like you belong working with xTEN, but we just don’t have your dream job posted? No problem, just reach out.Let us know
Direct applicants only, no agencies please.