What's the job?
Join our growing team of data enthusiasts and be part of a small, dynamic company. Make an impact, learn new skills and have variety every day.
You’ll be working on Aireforge, which is an established SQL Server database management tool used by database professionals globally to manage SQL Server estates of all versions and sizes. Working as a developer, you will have a key role in every step of the software development lifecycle, with the opportunity to work alongside the consultancy and managed service teams at xTEN, who are also heavy users of the Aireforge tools.
Working closely with these teams will help to deepen your understanding and general knowledge of SQL Server and Azure SQL Database. This is a great opportunity to expand your skill set and get hands on experience with the entire development lifecycle working as a key member of a values driven, fast pace team.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills; both written & verbal.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- To be self-motivated and eager to learn; with a passion for the industry.
- The ability to work as a team, keen to learn and share knowledge.
- A passion for the industry, with an eagerness to learn.
- To take pride in your work.
- To be a natural problem solver, with the ability to quickly grasp new technologies and methodologies.
We'll pay you more if:
You have demonstrable knowledge of any of the following:
- .NET/.NET Core
- SQL Server & Azure SQL Database (T-SQL & DBA)
- Certifications in a technology mentioned above.
- Formal qualifications in a related subject.
You have experience in:
- Consulting and project delivery / client facing experience.
- DevOps processes and continuous release.
- Reliability engineering as a concept or in practice.
You’ve got more chance of getting hired if...
You have knowledge of:
- Microsoft Data Platform technologies (Both Azure & Standalone).
- Azure or AWS automation
- Powershell (PoSH)
- Windows & Linux Server
- Infrastructure, Virtualization, Networking
- Other relevant or interesting technologies
- You hold a degree in an interesting subject.
- You help the community by blogging, speaking at events or active on forums etc.
- You attend community events like Data Relay or local user groups.
- You play computer games (PC of course) and / or mess around with technology in your spare time.
What’s on offer:
We don’t believe that length of service automatically means seniority. Have a think about where you are, based on your skills and experience, and let us know when you apply.
- Junior / Graduate £25,000 – £32,000
- Mid-Level £28,000 – £40,000
- Senior £40,000 – £65,500
- Consultant £60,000+
- 33 days holiday (including bank holidays).
- Training budget (conferences, certifications etc.).
- Frequent team events.
- Some travelling to visit customers and events.
- Work from home Fridays.
- A great team to work with.
- Central Leeds location.
Don't see a job for you?
Do you feel like you belong working with xTEN, but we just don’t have your dream job posted? No problem, just reach out.Let us know
Who are xTEN?
We’re a small, dynamic company that specialises in high performance data. We work hard but we love what we do – we’re always looking for better ways of working and new skills to pick up. If you like variation, relish a challenge and are keen to learn, you’ll fit in well.
If you join us, you’ll be based in The Leeming Building, Wizu's modern office space above Leeds Market. Our customers work in travel, finance, legal and retail and are located across Europe and the Middle East.
Direct applicants only, no agencies please.