Optimisation Results in a 5000x Performance Improvement
The tuning we carried out meant that TotalStay's systems could handle 5000x more transactions
Totalstay, an accommodation supplier to the Travel industry, was founded in 1999 and is now part of WebBeds. The company offers over 200,000 hotels and apartments in over 10,000 destinations worldwide, including international hotel chains, boutique hotels, resort apartments and independent hotels. The huge choice of inventory is accessed via their market-leading booking website.
- TotalStay wanted to speed up their transactions to improve customer service and increase their opportunity for bookings. They were familiar with xTEN’s experience with high-transaction SQL Server estates so enlisted our support.
- We performed an estate-wide review which identified an inefficiency that was limiting the full potential of the estate.
- Relying on our knowledge and experience with SQL Server replication, together with the TotalStay team, the necessary changes were quickly discovered, planned, tested and implemented.
- With a few low-risk changes, TotalStay was able to reduce the number of replicated commands by 99.98% and increase the number of transactions possible by 5000x.
- Transactions and bookings went up: the demand on the company’s resources went down, infrastructure costs followed suit.
Striving for Excellent Customer Experience
As a company that is committed to customer satisfaction, TotalStay wanted to improve the speed of transactions so bookings could be made faster, improving the client journey. With this in mind, we knew that we needed to identify areas for improvement and eradicate any inefficiencies. As well as this, we wanted to improve the overall health of their estate, so that the team could rest easy knowing that their systems could handle the growing demand.
Low Risk Changes, High Impact Results
By using our knowledge of SQL Server replication and high transaction systems, we quickly identified an area for improvement. We proposed that by removing an inefficient, repetitive step, we could get this vital data to TotalStay’s customers much faster without sacrificing accuracy. By removing this inefficiency, we could also improve server capacity, leaving more room for growth.
As the change was low risk, it meant that the TotalStay team could quickly implement it, achieving instant benefits.
Faster Systems, More Bookings
The TotalStay team now have faster systems that can handle 5000x more transactions. As a result, customer bookings have increased. Their super-efficient systems have reduced replicated commands by 99.98%, taking pressure off system resources.
TotalStay’s IT Team have managed to make huge cost savings for the company thanks to the reduction in server capacity and the efficient management of resources.
We can provide you with a hosting solution that does more; our solution delivers a managed cloud-based estate with unparalleled performance.
Managed SQL Server
We can safeguard your systems. Our Managed Service provides you with unparalleled performance and stability for your SQL Server.
SQL Server Consultancy
Our consultancy service encompasses all areas of database management; investigating ways to optimise and modernise your operations and ensuring your systems are running as efficiently as possible